Monday, May 7, 2012

Girl's Getaway - Ocean Shores

This weekend I took off with 5 other awesome girls to our church's women's retreat, otherwise known as the girl's getaway.  It was SO much fun! In the past I saw it as more of an older woman's event, but they have really done a lot to cater to all ages!


Our church is blessed with amazing worship leaders, so of course the worship was fantastic. The speakers were REALLY good too. I enjoyed them alot. It was mother daughter duo from Nashville, TN. No, they didn't have accents because they are originally from CA, holla at some fellow native Californians!, but they were powerful, annointed, and super hilarious. 


To me, the people you go with/room with make it or break it. Thankfully I stayed with the best girls! Lots of laughs and fun and memories :)



As the retreat came to a close yesterday afternoon we were given some time to go around our tables and express what God had spoken to us/what He had done in us that weekend. I loved hearing from each of my friends of the things that God was doing in their hearts.  All the way home I just reveled in how truley blessed I am to be surrounded by these women that challenge me to be the woman God created me to be by just being themselves and being honest, transparent, and real.

It's good to feel refreshed, renewed, rejuvenated, and refocused!




No comments: