Tuesday, February 5, 2013

New Food & More Sweat!

There are some new smells in our house;

New Food is a Cookin' and More Sweat is a Drippin'!

Zach has started a new food/fitness journey and I am SO excited for him / about it! 1st of all, check out our good friend Cody @ Audacity Athletics. Zach and 3 other guys are doing a 16 week food / fitness training with Cody which includes totally revolutionizing what they eat and doing CrossFit 3 times a week; Mon, Wed, Fri. 

Zach decided to go big or go home, like usual, and go Paleo. Contrary to common belief, Paleo is not a diet that you participate in for a period of time. It's a lifestyle change. Like moving your food real estate to some new land.  I know, totally cliche', but its true.  He's doing it to loose weight, but also just to generally feel better and function better.  And because it's just a healthier way to live. I think Miss Copelynn's arrival has a little to do with it ;)

Because eating Paleo is a HUGE change to what we're used to, we signed up for this to help get us started. I'm sure we won't use it forever, but it makes the transition to Paleo really convenient and easy.

Here's last night's dinner: (the couscous is not really couscous, its cauliflower and onions)



In addition to the food changes and work outs, he's taking daily vitamins and drinking half his body weight in water. He's a peein' fool.  I came home one night at 9:30 (way past our bed time) expecting Z to be asleep upstairs and instead I found him downstairs in the recliner holding his water bottle.  I asked him why he was still awake, to which he replied "I haven't drank all of my water today. I can't go to sleep yet." So proud of him, that is committment and discipline.


While all this is going on for Zach, I'm still lovin me some tootsie rolls :)



Because I'm super competitive, this whole thing is seriously challenging me. I really want me some cookies and ice cream, but did I buy them @ the store. No way! I cannot be upscaled or beaten!  I'm not doing 100% Paleo, but this is inspiring me to be a healthier too.

4 comments:

Katie Cook said...

Yeah for Paleo!!! I love it! Good luck!!

Aimee said...

Thanks Katie! Do you guys eat Paleo, too?

Little Bug said...

I've never heard of this before...im going to have to check it out online. You had me seriously laughing out loud when you called Zach a "peein fool"!! Must be something in the air, because i've been sucking down bottled water like there's no tomorrow myself and Pat and I just started back to the gym yesterday. We're going to go mon, wed, and fri. and hopefully get these old bodies in shape!

Mary said...

This is so amazing! I'm so happy for you all and so proud of you. The discipline and commitment you have to this program is fabulous. Keep us posted! ♥