Thursday, January 5, 2012

Words for 2012

Growing up in Foursquare we were always taught to pray for a word for each calendar year. So, each year Zach and I pray for a word for us as a couple and then for ourselves individually. Last year our word was Be Faithful in the Little and I will Give you More, with our main goal being to pay of debt. God said, pay off debt and save save save so when i say GO, you can GO!

Holy cow did God come through in 2011! This word came to fruition like no other. I got promoted in April and Zach got promoted in October....each promotion doubling our salary. I don't say that to boast; I say that to testify to the faithfulness of God! We set out to do something and he just blew our goals out of the water. It's been so incredible to experience and see!

Seeing what God did in 2011 makes me so excited and expectant to see what 2012 will look like.

Z & I's Word for 2012:
Unshakable. Matthew 7:24-25

My Word for 2012:
Retreat with Him, Live in Surrender, and Prune (John 15:2).

Zach's Word for 2012:
Learn to say Hallelujah in every season.

Any artists out there that would like to draw me a log cabin by a lake? I don't draw AT ALL, but I really want something like this to remind me of my word this year. Let me know!


3 comments:

Stacy Ann Martin said...

This is awesome, Aimee! I am so excited for what this year holds for both you & Zach individually & together. Love you guys so much :)

Aimee said...

Thank you Stace! I am too!

Mary said...

Pruning is a necessary discomfort...so to surrender while in the process, you will go to your "cabin/sactuary" and be surrounded with God's security and comfort! Blessed words you have for 2012! (ps: I like the work "expectant" you used :-)