Thursday, November 6, 2008

Washington!

Hey everybody,
So the anthem o8-o9 crew is now on our eighth week in the program. Time is flying by and i cannot believe it has been that long already. Although, on the flip side, the amount of things we've done is increddddibly large...i can just sit here and kick my feet up on the desk with the chair in recline and ponder about all the memories of the events and trips so far...and now i am laughing because i'm so surprised that i have a few mintues to actually do this! haha!

I've been slacking in the fact that i just started this for everyone to look at from home, so i'll start from the beginning. Here are pictures of my absolutely amazing host home. It's pretty hard to imagine, but the folks who live here are even more amazing than the house. I'm on the third (yes third of 4 floors =0) as you can see in the 1st picture. My host parents names are Mary and Mike and they are awwwesome, and we got along from the start. God knew what he was doing placing me here thats for sure. Just another thing i worried about, but realized that that was wasted time cause of course, God being God, has it all in his hands even when i choose to not trust it! Isn't that so true for so many days. But anyway, it rains a lot here, and for my california soul, its a tad bit hard to openly embrace rain coats as part of my daily wardrobe. I hear rumors of it raining for 90 straight days last year and am now including in my prayers that that can cease to happen this winter! I am now part of the population that gets excited when it hits 65*..haha, it made me laugh out loud when i heard the weather man say "It's going to be warming up folks!" and it said 60* on the screen. Welcome to the Northwest.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Aimee! Hope everything is going great for you! What a special thing to be serving the Lord the way you are!

Mary said...

Aimme + God = a great team! xxoo

grand.com said...

I am so proud of you, you are a
blessing to all of us and know that
the Lord has something special for
you in yr life.


Take care,

Love you much,
Gran.com

Mary said...

Sorry I mispelled yrou mane!!! :) Looking forward to your next blog post, xxoo

grand.com said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish
you a good week, Mom e-mld a couple of pic of you and yr class-
mates, pretty good looking gals and
guys, looks like you were all having a "good time". Alan Jackson's song. The concert was
terrific, glad we went.
take care.
Love you much, Gran.com