Friday, June 15, 2012

Goodbye Squish 3.0

If you missed 1.0 and 2.0 you can look back to catch up!

The longer this competition goes on, the more I think a more fitting titled for this series would've been something like Goodbye Insanity, Hello Health! Becuase there is something about working out on a regular basis that seems to dull down life's insanities.


disclaimer: I'm not writing this to brag, I'm writing this to share and encourage and relate :)


I've been walking 2-4 miles a day. Depending on the time I have. About a week into this, I decided to try jogging, expecting to stop at a 1/2 a mile because my like/desire for running has extremley waned in the last year.


Before I knew it, I had ran for 20 minutes! It was like the clouds opened, light shined through from heaven and the angels sang....I was actually enjoying running again!


I got out of my running routine when we got married (can I get a married woman amen?) and in turn stopped enjoying running because its hard when you dont do it consistently. I was mad because I really wanted to like it. But, it wasn't happening.


But noooowwwww I am way excited that this competition made me push through and start running again cause there is seriously nothing like some endorphines from a good run.


And I could care less about the numbers. What the scale says realy doesn't matter to me. I don't even own a scale.


It's about being healthy. When my body is healthy, my mind is healthy. When I am disciplined in the physical, I find myself more disciplined in the spiritual. When I make time to take care of me, I can take care of everything else better than before.


Running...it's like free counseling, free therapy. My mind and heart get healthy and my body does, too. I have blisters on my toes, sore legs, sore butt....and it's great.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha free counseling. Yes running is indeed therapy!!!!!!!!