Friday, June 29, 2012

Last Night

Sooooo, last night was a big deal! A HUGE deal! Why? Because one of the things dearest to my heart started to come to pass!

My amazing friend Megan and I put music to a song I wrote. Yeah, I wrote it, straight from the heart, about a season of life that was hard, and now I can sing it, because there's a tune and there's music!

My heart is so happy and SO excited about this! Because this is one of my biggest dreams--to record this stuff.

I think I started writing songs when I started journaling; maybe 12 years old? One huge problem that I've always had = I don't sing and I dont play the guitar/piano/or any instrument for that matter (I attempted to take guitar lessons when I was 13; desperately trying to embrace music, but that was a joke, Aimee, you're not a musician).

So everything has always started and ended on the paper in my journals. Its like I had half of the puzzle peice.

Megan is many things, but one thing that she is = a REALLY good friend who is like a sister and a REALLY good friend who is like a sister that collaborates with me to make beautiful music.

Thank God for Megan and her skills. She's so special to me because without her I have words on a page, but with her those words are becoming something tangible, singable, listenable for other peeps to enjoy, and for me to sing to my Jesus. She helps me put arms and legs and feet to my dreams and heart.

This is just the beginning. We only have the 1st draft...aka, a really rough around the edges, needs some professional editting and recording version.

BUT, the ball is rolling and I'm reminded that my dreams aren't as far off as I think.


Happy Weekend!

No comments: