Monday, June 25, 2012

He's Capturing Our Attention

Things God said this weekend through worship and my pastor’s powerful sermons:

-Stop striving, start beholding.

-The majority of the things that burden your mind and heart are useless. Lay them down and be concerned about the things I am concerned about; I’ll take care of all of those other things.

-Worrying is like spinning your wheels in the mud.

-The depth of the water determines how big of a ship can come in. Increase your faith and see God move in big ways.

-Through your trials and struggles in Washington, I am giving you hard evidence that I am who I say I am.

And the biggest one was: “Are you truly dependent on me?”

Ouch. That’s a no. Worrying proves that I don’t believe God is capable and in control and trustworthy. Yikes. But, he’s capturing my attention and putting me in situations and circumstances that force me to rely on him, to be fully dependent on him.

I went and read the two reading plans I follow (Living the Surrendered Life & Life Journal) and these verses were in today’s scripture. INCREDIBLE. I think there's a theme here :)

Matthew 6:25-27 Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?


2 Timothy 2: 13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful…


Two songs I'm listenin' to this week:
I Surrender - Jesus Culture
He is Faithful - Jesus Culture

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is good! I definitely needed this today! I have a bad habit of worrying too much!! :)

ps. Lauren Alaina (sp?) is coming to our fair this year... September 19th...I'm not sure when youre going to be here for Liv's wedding...but you should come early or later for that! :)

Aimee said...

I LOVE HER!!! ahhh I wish we could come early and go to see her there with you! But, we have zero vacation days and aren't allowed to take unpaid time off, so we're literally flying in after work on Friday and flying out Sunday morning. I wish it could be longer :(

Katie Cook said...

just found your blog! LOVE it! excited to follow! love Katie

Aimee said...

Thanks Katie! Right back at you!